This is the name of my recent Etsy discovery! I’ve known about Etsy for a long time, browsed on occasion, but I ran across the most delightful, delicate, personalized neck trinket a few weeks ago and placed my first order with Sharice, owner and designer of Silver Impressions. It came in the mail much sooner than I expected as it involved itty bitty hand-crafted detail.
It’s a sterling silver charm necklace. The heart tag says “m+d”, the round tag says “evan + zeb” and the rectangle tag says “my heart” (heart as in the actual shape of a heart). Each tag can be custom stamped within the allowed space for the characters and she added an August and October birth stone for my sons. There was a 16″ and 18″ chain option as well when placing my order through Etsy, I went with the 16″.
I am super pleased with my delicate and personal trinket and have already had many compliments on it in the 2+ weeks I’ve had and worn it. I’m on the lookout for birthday and Christmas gifts all year long, and with Mother’s Day coming up I thought I’d share my cute find. It was under $50 including shipping (right at $46, I think!).
I spent this past weekend with my sister, and we shared an elevator ride with this gentleman:
*Apologies for the poor picture quality – it’s very difficult to find a picture of this man where his face isn’t covered by a football helmet!*
Colin plays pro football and he lives in my sister’s building. My mom ran into him in January and told us of her encounter with cuteness, and we knew (at least my sister did) as soon as he stepped on who he was. Yes, we had my two kiddos with us, and yes I am married, but we still got all twitterpated upon his entrance to the 4×5 box of vertical transport. He was quite good looking, quite tall (my husband is 6′5″ and I’m completely used to that, so “quite tall” in my mind is really very very tall).
He said hello and chatted with a few other guys on the elevator, telling us his objective at that moment was to “steam room his life into neutral”…must be a nice way to start a Saturday, huh? We were on our way to Trader Joe’s to look around and find some lunch. Ahh…maybe we’ll see him again. I’d definitely classify him as “eye-candy” and just had to share our little tale….you’re welcome for the visual
Happy Tuesday, y’all!
It’s that time of year again…
I wrote about it last year, and find it necessary to re-blog about it again. It’s that time ladies. Warm weather is creeping in (let’s hope it decides to “sit for a spell”). And here comes my reminder about pedicures ~ I took this lovely verse from a friend’s FB wall and copied it here because it amused me and is absolutely RIGHT!
It never hurts to remind everyone!
OBEY THESE RULES…..
Just a friendly reminder, it’s that time of the year again.
Please raise your big toes and repeat after me:
As a member of the Faux Pas Sisterhood, I pledge to follow “The Rules” when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:
- I promise to always wear sandals that fit.
- My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs.
- And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
- I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
- I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
- I will shave the hairs off my big toe.
- I won’t wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
- If a strap breaks, I won’t duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
- I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr.Scholl’s if my feet need him.
- I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $9.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids’ sizes (this is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle).
- I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
- I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes look like they’ve been dragged behind her car on the way to work and no sandal in the world is going to make her feet look good.
- I will promise if I wear flip flops, that I will ensure they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.
- I will promise to go my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $15 and worth EVERY penny). I say spend another $15.00 and get a even better one.
- I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show of wear…nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals…
For all our sakes, please don’t keep this to yourself – pass it on to other Sisters.
May God Bless your Soles as well as your Soul!